Fish Recipe Chinese



Chinese Steamed Fish Recipe





Do you ever get unexpected food cravings? This occurs to me frequently, and while I wish I could give in to my stomach's every urge, I seldom do–usually because my food dreams revolve around lavish feasts that would take far too long to prepare before I passed out from hunger. Thankfully, my extravagant feast fantasies do not occur on a regular basis. I had a really practical, down-to-earth yearning for a plain cooked fish the other day.

My favourite comfort food is steamed fish and rice. One taste transports me to numerous evenings spent at our round kitchen table with my mother, father, and brother. My brother and I would be arguing about something insignificant, while my parents would be telling each other about their days. I didn't like green onions or ginger back then, but the flaky white fish and soy sauce combined in with fluffy rice was one of the few dishes I'd eat without complaining.

Fresh fish might be intimidating to purchase, but most Asian grocery stores that include a live tank will weigh and gut the fish for you. Fresh is ideal when it comes to seafood, but if you don't want to go with a whole fish, this dish may be made with any thick sliced white fish fillets.

You should try Chinese-style steamed fish if you haven't before. The flavour of the fish is clean, fresh, and heightened by the ginger and green onions in this light, refreshing, and oh-so-simple dish.

Inside your wok, place your steamer rack. 2 inches of water should be added at the base of the steamer. Allow the water to come no higher than the steamer rack. Bring the wok to a boil, covered.

Prepare your fish while the water is heating to a boil. On each side of the fish, make three incisions. Place the fish in a shallow dish and set aside. Top the fish with the soy sauce and oil, as well as half of the ginger and green onions.

It's time to steam your fish after the water has reached a boil. Wipe off the inside of the lid to remove any dampness that has accumulated. Cover your dish and place it on the steamer rack. Reduce to medium-low heat and steam for 12 minutes.

By piercing the fish around the top fin, you can determine if it's cooked. If the fish flakes, it's done. Add the remaining ginger and green onions on top. If desired, season with more soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt. Serve over a bed of fluffy white rice.

*This recipe may be made with any white fish. Because that's what my store had in the fish tank, I used pink tilapia. Halibut, cod, sole, flounder, turbot, or any fresh white fish you have access to are examples of other fish you might use.

**Depending on the thickness of your fillet, steaming fillets will require less time to cook. Steam for around 10 minutes for fillets 1 inch and thicker. Check at 7 minutes for thinner fillets. The fish is done when it flakes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DELICIOUS FRUITS AND VEGETABLES OF SPRING

How To Make Methi Mutton Curry That Is Simple And Delicious

Bulgogi Korean Pizza Recipe